TotalCeltic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Fc Champions

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikeybhoy
Celtic Youth Team
Celtic Youth Team
Mikeybhoy

Male
Number of posts : 91
Fave Celtic Player : Maloney,Di Canio,Naka,Mad Dog,Larsson
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA,OVER AND OVER
Registration date : 2006-10-03

Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! Empty
PostSubject: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Taken form Celtic's offical website!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006,
East End Park,
SPL Reserve League.

DUNFERMLINE……...0

CELTIC………………..2
(Maloney 28, Beattie 73)

A STRONG reserve side maintained Celtic’s unbeaten start to the league campaign as goals from Shaun Maloney and Craig Beattie gave Kenny McDowall’s side a 2-0 win over Dunfermline.

With the international calendar now taking precedence over the next 10 days, the encounter at East End Park was a chance for Gordon Strachan to give match practice to some of his fringe players.

As such it was a strong starting XI that kicked off at Dunfermline, with Alan Thompson, Evander Sno, Stephen Pearson, Derek Riordan, Craig Beattie and Jiri Jarosik all in the side. Shaun Maloney also got another 90 minutes under his belt as he seeks to consolidate his return to full fitness.

And it was Maloney who opened the scoring on 28 minutes with a rifling 20-yard shot from the edge of the box following a Riordan corner, and the Scotland internationalist’s involvement will be a boost to Strachan.

Had it not been for his injury problems at the beginning of the season, Maloney would probably have been involved with Walter Smith’s squad for the forthcoming double header against France and Ukraine, but on recent evidence it would appear that the 23-year-old is set to pick up where he left off last season when he collected the dual Player of the Year awards.

Riordan, too, could have improved his chances of selection but despite his industry on the left flank, the former Hibernian star was denied a goal by Roddy McKenzie after a slack pass-back from Scott Morrison.

The former Hibernian player ought to have done better rather than hit his effort straight at the Pars keeper, while Pearson was guilty of a bad miss when he miscued an effort and sent it wide of the target.

At the other end of the park David Marshall had to be alert to a header from Iain Williamson just after the interval when he stooped to collect, but for the most part it was Celtic who dominated the exchanges.

Riordan pushed further up front in the second period to partner Beattie but it was teenage defender Paul Caddis who came closest to adding to the Hoops’ tally when he collected from Jarosik and then tried a swirling effort that was held by McKenzie.

Beattie and Riordan then combined, with the latter’s effort just pushed back the post. Thompson was also denied by McKenzie when he tried his luck with a long-range effort, but from the resultant corner Celtic couldn’t add to the scoreline.

As Celtic took the game by the scruff of the neck, Thompson then turned provider when he sent a ball through for Maloney who volleyed his shot just wide of the target.

A 1-0 lead, though, is always a slender one and Williamson almost snatched an equaliser against the run of play, only for his effort to sneak wide of the post when it looked certain to hit the back of the net.

Dunfermline were made to pay for their profligacy within seconds when Beattie secured the win, collecting the ball on the edge of the box and breaking through before unleashing a low shot past McKenzie.

And the Celtic striker ought to have added another when Pearson put him through but his first touch allowed McKenzie to compose himself and stand up to shot.

Next up was Jim O'Brien, with Pearson again the supplier, but although the youngster darted past the Pars keeper he screwed his attempt agonisingly wide of the upright.

Not that it eventually mattered for Kenny McDowall's side, who once more had good reason to feel satisfied with their afternoon's work.

CELTIC (4-4-2): Marshall; Caddis, O’Carroll, O’Dea, Thompson; Jarosik (O’Brien 60), Sno, Pearson, Riordan (Conroy 84); Beattie, Maloney. Subs: McGlinchey, McGovern, Riley.

DUNFERMLINE (4-4-2): McKenzie; Labonte, Fenwick, Kay, Morrison; Daquin (Muhsin 81), McCunnie, Wilson, Muirhead (McBride 64); Williamson, Smith (McDonough 76). Subs: Paterson, McCulloch.

Personaly I can't understand Why Maloney or EVEN beattie aren't in the Scotland squad!!!
Back to top Go down
Regicfc
The Boss
The Boss
Regicfc

Male
Number of posts : 166
Fave Celtic Player : Henke , Lubo , BBJ , Boruc , JVOH
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA , Over & Over
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 10:23 pm

good to see both off them getting goals but i would rather it would be in the 1st team , as maloney and the beat (if he stays fit ) have fantastic futures ahead in the hoops
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalceltic.co.nr
belfast_ghirl
Celtic Fan
Celtic Fan
belfast_ghirl

Female
Number of posts : 7
Fave Celtic Player : Student
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 10:37 pm

I would love Maloney to get back into the first team but I wouldn't know who to drop to accomodate him, I would probably say Naka because he never really a consistent performer.

Beattie has the potential to be a great player if he stays injury free, I think Strachan should think about loaning him out in January to get some first team experience and it will probably make him a better all round player.
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalspl.com
Regicfc
The Boss
The Boss
Regicfc

Male
Number of posts : 166
Fave Celtic Player : Henke , Lubo , BBJ , Boruc , JVOH
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA , Over & Over
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 10:44 pm

belfast_ghirl wrote:
Beattie has the potential to be a great player if he stays injury free, I think Strachan should think about loaning him out in January to get some first team experience and it will probably make him a better all round player.
your right there beattie needs to be loaned out for a season or maybe even in jan till the end off the season as it will give him 1st team football and if he scores goals he no's hes in with a chance in the celtic 1st team
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalceltic.co.nr
Mikeybhoy
Celtic Youth Team
Celtic Youth Team
Mikeybhoy

Male
Number of posts : 91
Fave Celtic Player : Maloney,Di Canio,Naka,Mad Dog,Larsson
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA,OVER AND OVER
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 11:27 pm

I'd Agree on that but will Beattie go out on loan as a few Celtic players told Strachan they would rather stay and fight for a place in the team.

Beattie does need games though so I think it would be better for him if he did get Loaned out,I'm sure Roy Keane wouldn't mind a shot of Craig Beattie for 6-months or even more cause lets say Sunderland did take Beatts and he helped Sunderland get into the Premiership, Then Would Beattie want to come back cause if he did want to go back to Celtic NO PREMIERSHIP and I don't think Craig would knock that back so Keano if your reading my post!!GET BEATTIE FAST!!!! or you'll lose out on promation!!!! and I Think a few other teams wouldn't say no to Craig!!!!
Back to top Go down
Conorcfc
Admin
Admin
Conorcfc

Male
Number of posts : 162
Fave Celtic Player : McGeady, Maloney, JVoH And Miller
Fave Celtic Song : You'll Never Walk Alone Live :D
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 am

Good to see Wee Maloney getting on the scoresheet after his injury I was worring incase he lost some of his skill and determination after his injury.
Back to top Go down
http://www.total-celtic.cultureforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!   Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Maloney and Beattie score for reserves!!
Page 1 of 1