TotalCeltic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Fc Champions

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Riordan talks of leaving Celtic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Regicfc
The Boss
The Boss
Regicfc

Male
Number of posts : 166
Fave Celtic Player : Henke , Lubo , BBJ , Boruc , JVOH
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA , Over & Over
Registration date : 2006-10-01

Riordan talks of leaving Celtic Empty
PostSubject: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 12:58 pm

Quote :
Celtic's Derek Riordan is frustrated at his lack of first-team action and may seek a loan move in January.

The 23-year-old striker moved from Hibs to Celtic Park in June but has managed just three minutes of SPL action and one start in the CIS Insurance Cup.

Riordan told the Daily Record: "I will have to consider doing something in January if I am not playing.

"It is hard to train all week and not even make the bench. It's the worst feeling ever."

Riordan finished top-scorer at Easter Road for three seasons running but is yet to find the net for his new club.

"It is a frustrating and annoying time for me and not to be playing in Celtic's first team is really bugging me," he continued.

"I know I have to be patient and wait for my chance but we are nine games into the season and I have played three minutes.

"I've not been used to this situation. For three years I had regular first-team games with Hibs.

"Old Firm games and Champion League matches have come and gone and I haven't featured in them and that really hurts because I signed for a massive club to be part of that.

"I was embarrassed when Hibs came to Parkhead and I was sitting in the stands, not even part of the squad.

"Then there was the Hearts game when I didn't get off the bench despite the fact I have a good scoring record against them."

Riordan's three minutes of SPL football came as a substitute on the first day of the season against Kilmarnock.

And he was an unused substitute, along with fellow summer signing Jiri Jarosik, in Sunday's 1-0 win at Falkirk.

i would rather have him in the 1st team than magic this season
Thumbup
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalceltic.co.nr
josh_cfc
Celtic Youth Team
Celtic Youth Team
josh_cfc

Male
Number of posts : 119
Fave Celtic Player : Aiden McGeady (Legend)
Fave Celtic Song : Jan Vennegor Of Hesselink Song
Registration date : 2006-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 6:47 pm

Nope i think Magic isn't on form because he hasn't got enough games and because Miller, Riordan and JVoH all joined this eason he thinks there is too much competition. Although i think it would be best to get some money ut of him while we can.
Back to top Go down
Regicfc
The Boss
The Boss
Regicfc

Male
Number of posts : 166
Fave Celtic Player : Henke , Lubo , BBJ , Boruc , JVOH
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA , Over & Over
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 6:50 pm

josh_cfc wrote:
Nope i think Magic isn't on form because he hasn't got enough games and because Miller, Riordan and JVoH all joined this eason he thinks there is too much competition. Although i think it would be best to get some money ut of him while we can.

hes a pro footballer hes ment to prove his worth to the team fight for a 1st team place no be upset thats there to much competition .
Back to top Go down
http://www.totalceltic.co.nr
Conorcfc
Admin
Admin
Conorcfc

Male
Number of posts : 162
Fave Celtic Player : McGeady, Maloney, JVoH And Miller
Fave Celtic Song : You'll Never Walk Alone Live :D
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 6:52 pm

Thats kind of good loan him out get him matches take him back at the end of the season and see how he is then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.total-celtic.cultureforum.net
josh_cfc
Celtic Youth Team
Celtic Youth Team
josh_cfc

Male
Number of posts : 119
Fave Celtic Player : Aiden McGeady (Legend)
Fave Celtic Song : Jan Vennegor Of Hesselink Song

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 6:53 pm

Who magic or riordan?
Back to top Go down
Conorcfc
Admin
Admin
Conorcfc

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 7:09 pm

josh_cfc wrote:
Who magic or riordan?

Riordan mate as he's not getting the matches now.
Back to top Go down
Mikeybhoy
Celtic Youth Team
Celtic Youth Team
Mikeybhoy

Male
Number of posts : 91
Fave Celtic Player : Maloney,Di Canio,Naka,Mad Dog,Larsson
Fave Celtic Song : YNWA,OVER AND OVER

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 1:39 am

Here's the problem, on the one hand Strachan can say, rightly, 'if it aint broke don't fix it.' We're dominating the league, winning games looking good in the champions league, and McGeady on the wing has been outstanding. On the other it could be argued Derek hasn't had much of a chance.

We have two of the best left wingers in the country sitting on the bench (or the stand) in Maloney and Riordans case.

In light of Riordans outburst, lets look at Shaun for a sec. Under O'Neill i barely remember him saying anything to the press, he stuck in there and worked hard, MON prefered his tried and tested vets like Thompson which in hindsight didn't work in his final year, but Gordon comes in and gives him his chance- and my god did he ever grasp it. He was player of the year and carried the side on his back in his first year as a starter. Guess what? he isn't automatic in the first team this year...amazing. If anyone has any grounds to complain he isn't gettin a start its Shaun...but he hasn't uttered a peep- he just wants to get back to full fitness and work hard. He has a team attitude and appreciates that McGeady took his chance.

As a contrast within 9-games of the regualr season Riordan already is thinkin of moving by January...says it all really, he's just moved to a massive club but is more focused on him self than the fact the reigning player of the year is also sitting on the bench as well...what does that mean for Derek? it means he's goin to have to work harder.

There is a clear difference in attitude between these two players, i don't think ther is any prizes to figure out which one our manager prefers...the more Derek pouts the less he is going to be looked upon favourably. Look at Marshall last year he complained he wasn't getting a start despite a better player being infront of him in the pecking order in Boruc and Marshall is still sitting on the bench. So complaining doesn't work.

On the issue of whether Riordan has gotten a fair crack of the whip the answer is probably no. At the start of the year when this team started pish Derek still didn't get a look in, which is unfair on the lad. The fact he doesn't get a place on the bench is also unfair on the lad regardless of that U21rule. He should have atlleast been considered for the hearts game. So he has a point.
That means he has to buck up his ideas, he needs to be knocking on Gordon's door saying i'll play wherever you want me to, i appreciate the battle for places but i just want to help the team. That is the correct attitude- running to the press saying woe is me is the wrong one, and if he thinks this recent pout will change Strachan's mind about him, he is sadly mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Conorcfc
Admin
Admin
Conorcfc

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 1:44 am

Agree 100% Mikey nice post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riordan talks of leaving Celtic   Riordan talks of leaving Celtic Empty

Back to top Go down

Riordan talks of leaving Celtic
Page 1 of 1